SWII is an exclusive industrial R&D partnering program with available funding for market oriented R&D projects via Eureka and Eurostars.
In October 2012, Switzerland and Sweden launched the industrial R&D partnering program Swiss-Swedish Innovation Initiative (SWII). The objective is to increase number of industrial R&D partnerships and the number of joint R&D projects between our countries. SWII's results so far: 30 market oriented R&D consortia and projects to a value of 38MEUR.
The next industrial R&D partnering program focuses on Additive Manufacturing. Among our industrial partners, who are interested in R&D partnering, you can find Swiss and Swedish MNE:s, like RUAG, Saab, Sandvik, MAN and Höganäs, as well as the most technology intensive SMEs, like Exmet, ABCD Technologies, 3D Metprint and Swissto 12, and academia partners like ETH Zurich and EPFL.
Project funding is available via Eureka and Eurostars, www.eurekanetwork.org
Following sub topics within Additive Manufacturing are prioritised:
1. Metal powder development for additive manufacturing
- Powder manufacturing alloys, materials characterization, standardization
2. Pre-process, process and post process development
- Design and tooling, tailored microstructures, process/quality control, post processing
3. Geometry and design optimization
- Density, structure and surface texture, design methods including rules, standards, software support, sustainable design, and software design for integration into current production lines
WHEN: 28 September, 2017
WHERE: EPFL Microcity, Rue de la Maladiere 71b, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
18 carefully chosen Swiss and Swedish SMEs will gain the opportunity to pitch their next R&D idea to the industry audience.
For more information, please contact
email@example.com, +43 664 23515 23