Additive Manufacturing & Lightweight Technologies
SWII is an exclusive industrial R&D partnering program with available funding for market oriented R&D projects via Eureka and Eurostars.
In October 2012, Switzerland and Sweden launched the industrial R&D partnering program Swiss-Swedish Innovation Initiative (SWII). The objective is to increase number of industrial R&D partnerships and the number of joint R&D projects between our countries. Since the start, SWII has achieved following results:
- 33 R&D consortia and projects realized with a total project value of 38MEUR. 53 projects outlines with CH, and 61 project outlines with SE as main partner.
- Over 700 high profile participants from organizations such as Volvo Cars, Eaton Group, Sandvik, SBB, RUAG, Hexagon, ABB, Ericsson, Saab, Siemens etc.
- Almost 1000 one-to-one meetings carried out onsite at the SWII conferences
Next SWII activity is the Additive Manufacturing & Lightweight Technologies, which matches the R&D heaviest Swiss & Swedish MNEs, SMEs & academia with the goal to launch joint market oriented R&D projects. Project funding is available via Eureka and Eurostars, www.eurekanetwork.org
Subtopics within Additive Manufacturing & Lightweight Technologies that are of interest for joint innovation projects:
a) Geometry and design optimization
Structural orientation, surface texture, design methods for additive manufacturing & lightweight technologies (guidelines, standards, software support), design for x (sustainability, manufacturing, lightweight, robustness...)
b) Digitization and business model development
Value chain optimization, competence transfer, process productivity optimization (digitalization, process simulation, geometry simulation, path planning), spare parts and repair
c) Manufacturing and post process development
Tooling, tailored microstructures, hybrid processes, process/quality control/monitoring and verification, automation, post-manufacturing treatment, joining, set-up and process time minimization, support material reduction, safety
d) Metal powder development for additive manufacturing & lightweight technologies
Alloys for powder manufacturing, materials characterization and properties, standardization, amorphous metals
e) Non-Metallic additive manufacturing & lightweight technologies
Ceramics (glass, crystals...), polymers, bio-materials, reinforcements
f) Composites and other material for lightweight technologies
g) Thin film
WHEN: September 25, 2018
LINKED EUREKA CALL FOR R&D PROJECTS: SWEDEN – SWITZERLAND
In connection with this year’s SWII-Conference, Sweden and Switzerland will jointly announce a bilateral EUREKA Call, providing support and funding for successful joint innovation projects.
The EUREKA initiative is an international co-operation programme supporting collaborative, market oriented R&D projects developing innovative products, processes and services. Any consortium with at least one partner from each of the countries is welcome. Specific information on application process and funding opportunities will be provided with the opening of the Call in September and for interested participants at the Conference itself.
OPPORTUNITY FOR SME COMPANIES TO PITCH
15 carefully chosen Swiss and Swedish SMEs will gain the opportunity to pitch their next R&D idea to the industry audience. Swedish SMEs may apply for a travel grant from Vinnova, application is filled out here.
WHY IS ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING & LIGHTWEIGHT TECHNOLOGIES OF INTEREST FOR YOU AS A...
Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME) or research institute?
- Gives you the opportunity to pitch your next market oriented research project to the R&D heavy industrial partners within “Additive Manufacturing & Lightweight Technologies”
- Learn more about available Eureka & Eurostars funding for your R&D project
Multinational Enterprise (MNE)?
- SWII enables you to identify and get matched with the most innovative “Additive Manufacturing & Lightweight Technologies” SMEs from Switzerland & Sweden
- Share your experience and expectations with the public regulators in Sweden and Switzerland and hear about ongoing pilot tests in both countries
- Learn more about the available project funding through Eureka /Eurostars
DOES SWII SOUND INTERESTING? SIGN UP FOR SWII TODAY!
For more information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org, +43 699 123 515 30
email@example.com, +43 664 235 15 23