About Promotion Area Smart Factory
Switzerland and Sweden are global forerunners within innovation and a high tech based manufacturing is on the top of both nations’ agenda. In order to preserve a strong industrial base, innovation & strategic industrial R&D alliances & digitalization of the manufacturing industry are a key. Therefore the Swiss-Swedish Innovation Initiative has chosen smart factories as one of its promotion areas.
Following 5 subtopics are prioritized for Swiss-Swedish R&D projects within smart factories.
1. Digital & Real Factories (Modelling, simulation & visualization of manufacturing processes & manufacturing factories, knowledge systems supporting decision making etc.)
2. Transparent Communication (Operator Devices, Sensors, Tags and Codes, 5G, ERP / Vertical Integration of Business Systems with Shop Floor Systems / Horizontal Integration of Supply Chains)
3. Agile Energy System (Smart Grids, Energy etc.)
4. People in Manufacturing (ICT Support in New Organizational Models / ICT for Skill Development & Decision Support)
5. Solutions for Flexible Distributed Production (Autonomous Automation that can adapt to products and people / Automation, Flexible Monitoring)
Sources: Vinnova, SERI, Teknikföretagen, Chalmers, Saab, Swiss MEM